Spring Cleaning

I can't say that I actually love cleaning, but hey it's got to be done . . . right? I've spent about a week now, cleaning our house. Not the every day pick up here, and dust there type cleaning. I am talking about moving furniture, steaming rugs, on my hands and knees baseboard cleaning. Spring Cleaning? I might be a little early, or am I? What triggered the need for . . . continue reading

Heart Shaped Cake -Valentine’s Day

Heart Shaped Cake

I love baking and making fun shaped cakes, but I don't like spending the money on buying the shaped pans. Call me frugal, cheap or plain ol thrifty. I'd rather put the $12+ dollars into a piggy bank for a fun rainy day project. I normally bake about 2 -3 times a month, cupcakes, brownies, cakes etc. and almost always bake a cake for the "special occasions". Valentine's . . . continue reading

Rose Ceremony


The Rose Ceremony is simple yet profoundly moving. The bride and groom exchange two red roses, symbolizing the giving and receiving of their love for each other throughout their entire married life. The Rose Ceremony also conveys how to use the rose and its symbolism in difficult times in order to forgive each other. “Your gift to each other for your wedding today has . . . continue reading

Valentine’s Day – Simple and Sweet

love monster

Happy Valentine's Day!  Valentine's Day-  Simple and Sweet We've all seen it and have said it. Valentine's Day is just another holiday for the rich to become richer and the poor poorer. A day for spending to much money on flowers that will die, candy that will melt in your mouth on the way to your hips, and teddy bears that are darn cute but end up being another dust . . . continue reading

Review & Giveaway Policy

Scattered Musings of A Creative Mind is a PR friendly website. Review Giveaway Policy I welcome all product pitches from small or large companies. Below is a list of products I enjoy reviewing Clothing jewelry accessories books Infant & baby products (with my grand babies) Food, snacks, drinks Pet supplies for cats Cleaning products & tools Gift . . . continue reading

Review – Elfishki and the Giant Cake an educational interactive iPad book for kids

Elfishki and the Giant Cake book

iPad book for kids Elfishki and The Giant Cake I am a fan of all things cute and add cake and you've got me hooked. I had the wonderful opportunity to review an educational interactive iPad app called Elfishki and The Giant Cake. When I saw the apps graphics I knew right away I'd fall in love with it. OK so it's made for kiddies, but who say's an adult can't enjoy it as . . . continue reading

This Moment: Friday Ritual 2-10

Noahs-Timeline Project for a class at school

This Moment - A Friday Ritual A photo(s) capturing a moment from the week, that may or may not have words. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment you want to pause, savor and remember. Which I've snagged from Alejandro @ Raising Amelie.  Photos 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,7, If you’re inspired to do the same, leave a link to your ‘moment’ in the comments for all to find . . . continue reading

Review – Bryton Pick

Bryton Pick

Bryton Pick Did you know that brushing alone cleans only 60% of the teeth’s surface, leaving 40% of the surfaces a breeding ground for plaque? Do you floss regularly? I shamefully admit I don't floss as much as I should. I always end up with broken pieces of floss and bleeding gums. I've tried waxed floss, unwaxed floss and nearly gave up on finding a floss that worked . . . continue reading