After spending time in Arizona with my daughter and granddaughters, stepping back into everyday life isn’t easy. I enjoyed late night talks with Dani (my daughter) and long after noon walks chatting like two giddy schoolgirls. Early morning cuddling with Elizabeth while Dani rested, then big bright, smiley “good mornings from Kayden when she woke. I treasured every minute I got to spend with my girls and miss them dearly.
I am still not certain that I am back in full swing of things. I’ve been told I am in a ‘weird funk’ or I need to get out of the ‘funk’ I am in… I wasn’t aware that I had a ‘funk’ but …. I guess I do … Anyways with that being said, “stepping out of the funk” (whatever that means) I have a few announcements to announce:
1. It’s time to change the Feature Blogger
2. I’ve receieved and award and need to pass it along – One Lovely Blog Award
3. I’ve written an article over at We Have A Story – Why Should I Feel This Guilt?
4. I have joined in an Event being hosted over at BlogNostics – Gladiatorial Dare
5. It’s time to spice things up here on Scattered Musings
Thursdays Featured Blogger Award
This weeks Thursday’s Featured Blogger Award is being awarded to Jen author of For Jen’s Sake. Jen is down to earth, funny and full of spunk, her on going efforts and support for Breast Cancer Awareness amazes me. Please take a few minutes to stop by Jen’s Blog.
One Lovely Blog Award -
Passed on to me from Julie B
Awards are so much fun to receive and to pass along, this past week I was given an award by Julie B author of The World of Julie B, a wonderful uplifting blog about living life to its fullest, crocheting, cooking and writing. I am honored and accept this award and Thank Julie for passing it on to me.
Thanks again Julie!!! One of the rules for accepting this award is to pay it forward, and pass the award along to 15 great blogs I enjoy reading. Please stop by each blog, you never know you just might find a blog that sparks your interest as they do mine. I will be listing a few of the blogs that I am passing the award to during the next couple of weeks. Here is the first group of blogs.. more to come in upcoming posts.
1. Yoshay’s Blog - Yoshay’s blog is the resting place of most of her creative work. Her blog consists of book reviews, articles, poems, mere reflections and excerpts from her stories. I have enjoyed Yoshay’s blog for almost a year now, I am certain that you will also enjoy her writings.
2. Almost There – SJ’s blog is her journey of creativity, of learning and an exploration to find herself. She has many heart-felt articles on being a working traveling mom, decisions on being the best mum she can to her son. I’ve read SJ’s blog for almost a year now.
3. Everyday Gyaan – Corinne’s blog is uplifting and true to the heart, her motto is Everyday matters, because every day matters! Corinne is inspiring and takes time out of her day to stop by and say hello, ask how you are and to let you know she’s thinking of you.
4. Weathering the Storm – Jan writes about her journey through life as a mom, grandmother, wife and many other life events… She hopes that by reading her stories it might be enough to let you know you are not alone. Jan is a dedicated woman with a lot to offer through her stories.
5. A Journey of Discovery – Nelieta’s blog is about her travels all over the world, she invites us into her world with her wonderful pictures and stories.
6. Dangerous Linda - Linda’s blog states “a little woman is a dangerous thing” – dangerous not as in scary, but dangerous as in uplifting, inspiring, supportive… You ask how can that be dangerous? It’s not really… and can only be dangerous to those that take some of her advice, and for those that don’t see her uplifting , supportive nature… Linda is a great photographer with many kind, wise words.
BlogNostics is at it again, you may remember the last event that I took part in over at BlogNostics. 30 days 30 writers one story… called No Where Else – a writers compilation. If you haven’t read the finished compilation you’re missing out on a great story.
an expert from my part of the compilation - “Jess, don’t stop!” yelled Alex, “suck it up and get your ass in gear.” Tired and annoyed at his attitude Jess takes off running and yells ….
read more click here No Where Else
Welcome to the Arena where the Mob decides the Victor. The BlogNostics Gladiatorial Event is where only two BlogNosticators, in their medium, go head to head throughout the year.
The Senatorial Council will dictate what theme your Artistic Medium will Champion. We will be ‘Pitting’ Writer against Writer, Photographer against Photographer, Illustrator against Illustrator or Poet against Poet, you will just have to see where your prowess will be best served.
Sounds exciting doesn’t it? Well if you haven’t taken the time to visit BlogNostics then now is your chance. It’s a great place to share your writings, photos, poems, drawings and be a part of a great community. (registration is required, takes 2 seconds, but the fun and rewards are well worth the effort)
Spicing things up a bit here at Scattered Musings
For the month of October I went pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness, not to mention it’s one of my favorite colors But it’s time to make some changes, change of colors and graphics, a couple of additions here and there.